Saturday, November 04, 2006

Universe vs Me


Me Serving,
0-0

I have this ongoing, never ending tennis match with the universe. Whenever I decide to make a decision which has a great impact on my life the universe decides to come back with a tougher response or setting. When I choose to quit smoking it is not at the most convenient time, emotionally-making it a harder challenge. When I decide to keep an eye out of who I surround myself with and mind who may real friends are, I find that I am picking and choosing at a time where I should be surrounding myself with people just to keep my mind off of things. I get my points in though. Sometimes the universe gives a lot my way.

Universe Serving
15-Love

Someone from my past "found" me. She was a good friend of mine in Jakarta, Indonesia while attending middle school. What a fucked up time...so much emotion mixed with hormones. Throw in rebellion, dislike of social norms and school dances = a cocktail of pure youth. It is a shot, a rough one at that..you know the ones that do not go down smooth...like Absolut. It is not a drink, like beer, which lasts longer. This type of youth is a shot; it lasts a very short time, fucks you up and you find yourself ordering more. Unlike beer, which is definately older, you enjoy it a bit longer. Sometimes you have a beer and you say to yourself, 'hey! lets have a shot! For old time's sake!' that is called reminicing youth. Yes, drinks can transport you back in time (at least it would seem like it at the moment) but it is the ride back that kicks you in the nuts- aka the hangover.

Me Serving
Love-30

So this person finds me right, and I am thinking 'what timing!' I mean, it is a bit odd for me to think of her to be reading all of this stuff (after not having talked in...god knows...over 8 years?). IF YOU ARE READING THIS NOW GO TO THE COMMENTS OF THE LAST POSTING AND CONTACT ME SO I CAN PREFACE ALL OF THIS!! (.....or you can go to http://burningdownhighways.blogspot.com first and read the 'Raison D'etre' posting for some small background on the current situation).

Universe Serving
30-15

So she catches me at a pivotal point in my life much like the time we first met. When I lived in Jakarta I was going through some big changes. Seeds were planted there which eventually blossomed in Bangkok. It is so funny because we were so into the '90s Seattle music thing and she finds me after posting lyrics from a Pearl Jam song! I no longer listen to them as religiously, in fact I really don't listen to them much unless, well, I am at a time of significant chage....odd? Spock what is your analysis? 'Given the circumstances these so called 'anomalies' which you humans refer to as 'fate' are explained by pure probability. You see...' Yes thank you Spock..

Me Serving
Deuce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page