Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Dreamers


The dreamers see their sky open up. Two faces peer in, exhausted faces, riddled with stress and worn out by frustration and pain. At first the dreamers are scared, and they hold each other tighter, but then they look the faces in the eyes and realize who they are. The light and warmth resonating from within the dreamers pulses and heaves. They are doing it, they are dreaming…

As we stare at the children we lock eyes with them. A surge of energy almost pushes us back. The light gets brighter. A feeling overwhelms us. It is a familiar feeling, the ones you have as a child daydreaming away. It comes from them, they are dreaming, wait, they are dreaming our dreams. I stare into the heavens watching my dreams escape into space and I feel a sense of contentment overpower me. I have no hate, no anger, no animosity anymore. I see now, staring into the endless sky my dreams, free, finally free. I look over at her and see that she is grasping at the air, trying to catch the pieces of heaven as they fly by her face like lightning bugs in June. Trying to ‘save’ them and put them in a bottle, so scared of losing them.

I run towards her and I smash the bottle onto the remains of the machine, she looks at me in shock and I scream ‘Can’t you see?!? You cannot bottle them up anymore, you have to set them free, Look! Look at them!’ I point to the children, wide-eyed and starring at us in absolute excitement as if this is what they had been waiting for; a chance to be free, a chance to live out who they are, dreamers.

I continue to rip apart the machine with a renewed vigor. No more tears, just happiness, pure light running through me. Little flashes of light surrounds me and my heart, I begin to notice that it, the light, is coming from me now as well, not just the dreamers. The little boy looks at me with eyes cheering me on. I hear a high pitched noise, like something is stuck in a vacuum cleaner except at a higher pitch. I look over to her and she is even more scared, I tell her to keep going. The little girl looking at her in desperation, her eyes begging, pleading, for her to keep going, to not give up. I continue ripping and pulling. The sound gets louder and louder. The machine shakes, it begins to groan, this is it! Almost there just………..one……….more......

………….………………………..SILENCE………………………………………………

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page