Monday, May 14, 2007

Drum Drum Drum


I have "In the Beginning" By K'naan stuck in my head, I guess it is because the song reminds me of someone who was integral in my transformation into a new person. I have never known what the true effect of having a positive outlook can have on someone. I was always a dreamer first, then a thinker, but I would get caught in such a quagmire of self doubt that none of my dreams would be executed. Through an endless reserve of positive energy and good vibes, this person blew me away. It was like being taught how to be happy. It is absolutely amazing how one person can make such a huge difference just by being so positive. It gives you a lot of energy to move on and go after what it is you want in life. Thank you. You know who you are.

These days I have been able to maintain a sense of rediscovering the world. This has helped me stay happy with myself and encourages me to create something to look forward to. There are a lot of things in my life that I can choose to get to me, but they don’t. It is not that I don’t pay attention to them, I do, and I am doing something about all of those issues. I just refuse to be unhappy.

I think of it as a kind of strength...it is so important to stay strong and I have found that staying strong doesn't necessarily mean having to be serious or having to give up having fun in life. Enduring all the hardships of life shouldn't break you even if you are not where you want to be. In fact letting yourself be miserable is just a way of becoming more of a victim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page